Thursday, November 19, 2020

Mystic Canyon

At the beginning of the month, over 200 women in our Intentional Creativity connected and began painting our Legendary woman, MYSTIC. 

For many, this was the first step in the journey to become certified as teachers of the method, for others, a graduation present to themselves, and others yet, from beginners to Guild members, a chance to celebrate and paint with the community. And this year, our Maestra Shiloh is offering graduates the opportunity to to become certified to offer Legend ourselves. I'm both excited and nervous at the thought of crafting my own version.

Underpainting

This is my second time painting a legendary lady this year, as I was on support and painted along during the January offering.  The process of journaling and painting prompts and videos is much the same, this fall's week long virtual process included lots of calls and opportunities to connect! And many of us are still *listening* and painting.

Grounding page

I created Neurographic grounding pages in both my art journal and Smashbook, inspired by this sweet video from Gideon's Light. I was introduced to Neurographica by my friend Karen Dawn, and enjoy it as a daily doodle practice! I've done some as gratitude cards, and introduced it to my Red Thread Creatives group last week.

You can read more about Neurographica in my RT Circles blog post.

Beginning to emerge
I'm painting on a wood panel, which was prepared during Color of Woman 2015, and I'd used for a demo painting. I reclaimed it by lightly sanding, then glazed it to begin anew.  My focus is around walking a Beauty Way, and sharing more from my own inspiration. 

During our week of the Vivid gathering, several musicians joined in, and Shiloh used Juniper Mainelis' beautiful songs as background for some of her painting videos! While I created flower essence "bouquets" for my Color of Woman paintings, a song came through for each of Juniper's!! I am playing my native American flute and using my drum to reconnect.
My Soul Fire painting has a song, Fire Keeper's Lay, which predates the image.

Mayan jaguar totem
During one of our journies to the Mystic Canyon, star jaguar appeared as an animal guide, and I remembered a little Mayan jaguar totem/ fetish I'd been gifted 30 years ago! It was on one of my altars, and I brought it in near her right temple on the canvas. My personal panther kin, Percy, helps paint, and likes to cuddle between sessions.

Rosa Mystica sketch
After adding neurolines to this journal sketch, I brought some to the canvas as well.

Neuro lines
We're only at step 5 - with at least 7 to go (and oodles of journaling)  ... Looking forward to what's next! 







3 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely art!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hands look interesting. Happy Art
Stay Safe and Coffee is on

DVArtist said...

All of these are truly lovely. Enjoy your day.