Sunday, February 27, 2022

Prismatic

 Healing and creativity run through our family line, midwifery, growing and using herbs, color, crafts, music, and my mom and I traded back and foot rubs through my childhood.  My dad and I sang in the choir, and I had piano lessons, and in college I was education, with a music minor.  

Creativity has woven a thread through my whole life, I always identified as an artist, and a healer.  This year these threads of art music and healing came together with the Intentional Creativity practioner training, PRISMA. 

Art Cart

One of the things I love about our Intentional Creativity community and practices is the encouragement to activate our own gifts and bring those to our offerings. The PRISMA training builds on this, and we're invited to include IC into current sessions and offerings. The PRISMA calls and videos include the research and science underlying the use of creativity and mindfulness for healing. 

Scribbly Sketch

While much of our personal work is done with paint and canvas, we also journal about process and insights.  During this course, we're also on a 13 month painting journey. Anthropas. I'm reprising a large canvas which began as Diva X.

Anthropas - moon 1

For sessions with clients, we can use the simplest of materials, watercolors, coolers pencils, markets, a mixed media pad of paper.  I often use Inktense blocks and Neocolor 2 crayons. 

Supplies
I'm fond of using all these materials in my own sketchbooks and processes, and my Juju Journal. 

No comments: