Friday, February 23, 2018

Intention and Hygge

I've been exploring bringing more intention into my living space, and rearranging areas. As an artist, I tend to have lots of supplies, and am of the generation that tends to accumulate paper, and have a hard time passing things on! (Are artists ever minimalistic??)

Currently, my Atelier is in my dining "nook," a space about 7 x 9' which fortunately opens into my high ceilinged kitchen...
My tall easel fits under the arch. 
The living room is the length of the house, 20', with the front section 13' wide, and the back 10'  (the stairs take the other 3'  and the whole house is  950 x feet) I'm shifting the Atelier to the back half, and will move my harps intro the nook.

I've painted part of the larger area a minty green, and the window frames white (they've been French blue) Then, moved my couch to create a Hyyge corner where these shelves were. 

Hygge (hug-ee) is a Danish term, a light in the darkness, to carry us through the cold winter months...Elements may include Candles, a warm cup of tea, good book, cozy seats with warm blankets, creating a feeling of cozy comfort. My friend Jeanine has a beautiful blog on bringing more Hygge into your home.
Hygge corner

After I began rearranging things, I received a message from the coordinator of our Art Harvest Studio Tour, asking if I'd like to apply for inclusion! I'd just been thinking of the tour, and 10 Oaks Gallery is one of the event sponsors....
It looks like my clearing and rearranging is timely! It's a big commitment of time and energy, and I need to *paint up a storm* to get ready! Fortunately, it's in the fall, so I have time to prepare - and an application to write! 

Do you have home studio?
Any goals on your list you're aiming for? 

Happy PPF





13 comments:

Lisabella Russo said...

Oh how lovely your space looks. The paintings are beautiful!

Faye said...

Such beautiful paintings! I usually paint in the dining room and have all my art supplies in the buffet there. But with my house on the market, I am limited to whatever I can easily hide at a moment's notice. Oh, how nice it will be to have this house sold and I am in a more compact home (with a special nook for painting, of course).

A Colorful World said...

Beautiful paintings, and such lovely uses of them in your living areas! May you have much light in this dark wintry time!

Linda Kunsman said...

Your new spaces are just beautifully coordinated with feel and color. Love your paintings!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your paintings are beautiful. I paint in my arty kitchen, but as not all my stuff fits there I have the overspill in my bedroom and closet. I think we are all hoarders! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

John R said...

Beautiful painting. Your living space looks wonderful. I'm a bit of a hoarder, though I do have a good clear out once a year. I tend to move stuff from one place to another.

sirkkis said...

Impressive painting. Love your rum setting with gorgeous paintings and decoration.
Happy PPF!

Laila said...

It's all beautiful, and let me tell you that hygge also is a Norwegian term.

DVArtist said...

Congratulations! Your art and space looks fantastic.

Nadya said...

Thank you all. I'm intrigued that several of us are painting/crafting in little kitchen/dining corners!! My art supplies are in a wardrobe style "entertainment centre" I got from my daughter, a RÃ¥skog cart, and etc, (overflow, indeed!)
Good luck with the sale of your home, Faye! It's got to be challenging to have to stow shifts away quickly!

Jeanine Byers said...

What a lovely hygge nook!! I love how it looks. And how neat that there was a great reason for doing it, unknown to you at the time! Thanks so much for your kind words about my blog. :)

Jeanine
http://www.comfortwithhygge.com/thehyggeblog

Nadya said...

Thank you, Jeanine! Yes, isn't it interesting that I "tied in" to this reason for beginning this space overhaul? Xxxx

Unknown said...

The space looks very calming and supportive. I see the art and can tell that it simply has to be apart of this space. Wishing you much calm and joy as you enjoy it!