Friday, June 28, 2019

Apothecary 2019

Our painting community is embarking on another journey into the alchemical plan of the Apothecarian, with around 100 from around the globe using the process of inquiry, journaling and paint to transform tragedies into remedies. 

This will be the 5th time Shiloh and Jonathan teach Apothecary, and is the second online version. (You can read about last year's journey here)  Our art journal prompts come from the wonderful Jenafer Joy, and are awesome as usual. The process itself has been put in the crucible, and is being distilled for IC teachers to offer our own versions of Apothecary to local students.

I am one of the gals witnessing and offering support in our online classroom, and am working
Altar holding space for the Atelier
this morning to get my space ready. For more than a year, I've been "in process" with moving my studio from my dinning nook to part of my living room, about time I finished that project, don't you think??!! (Where does the time go?)


Yesterday we opened the Apothecary class with a Zoom session - this is such a great way to connect with community! 
Shiloh invited us to do a couple of "pen and paper" exercises, identifying one old story that was coming up - draw a representation of it, then find and draw an antidote. These processes are so accessible, and are one of the tools I use in my coaching practice. Mine was around valuing I need to do it all myself - the antidote is the triple spiral of connection/interdependence! 

Journal prompt
Time to get back to the clearing and shifting of the Atelier! 

Happy Paint Party Friday! 



4 comments:

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

DVArtist said...

You share such interesting classes. Thank you.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Really wonderful that you are so involved in the art community. The pen and paper exercise sounds very intriguing!

-Soma

Courtney said...

Sounds like a great class and opportunity to connect with others on a creative level. Thanks for sharing. :) Happy PPF!