Friday, December 15, 2017

Wisdom's Table

I'm so very honoured my Snow Queen post was chosen for this week's featured blog over at Paint Party Friday!  Our Winter Showcase opening was well attended and so fun, I especially love visiting with the other artists! I'd spent the night with galfriends in nearby Portland, so was glad to return in time for our reception. My Snow Quien is in the wall to the left of the doorway.
In the Gallery

As the year winds down, I'm finishing my Red Madonna Sacred Path painting, which has been a year long pilgrimage. I need to add gilt, gold and silver, and a bit more attention to these ladies and the world tree.
Pilgrimage of the Divine
My red thread SiStars and I are clearing our altars, preparing to join the feast laid at Wisdom's Table! This journey will take us two years, to 2020, and features several Magdalen and mother Mary scholars, joining Shiloh Sophia and her wonderful team. We share poetry, stories, laughter and tears, and receive teachings from the Hebrew and Christian traditions, (and others, as women share from their own paths) Painting instruction comes on the full moons, and we share a monthly call and beautiful meditation. 

As we prepare for the coming season, here is one of my very favorite poems! 
Blessings and love

AE  Housman (1859-1936)
A Shropshire Lad (1896)
From far, from eve and Morning 

From far, from eve and Morning
From yon twelve-winded sky,
The stuff of life to knit me 
Blew hither, here am I.

Now for a breath i tarry
Nor yet disperse apart--
Take my hand quick and tell me,
What have you in your heart.

Speak now, and I will answer;
How shall I help you, say;
Ere to the winds twelve quarters
I take my endless way.

HâPpŸ Paint Party Friday!

3 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

Enjoyed your post. HAPPY PPF

much😇love

Giggles said...

Beautiful artwork!!

Peace Giggles

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful artwork. Enjoy your starry journey. Hugs, Valerie