Friday, September 11, 2015

Alter & Atelier Reset

Last year when we began our Art of Allowing course, we were invited to set up our studios, & production assistant Ann Manatt offered a sweet little video for inspiration. I'd already been amassing art supplies, & was figuring out where the best spot for painting in my home (950 sq feet) was. I settled on my 'dining nook' & began shifting things around.

Magic Paintbrush
As we finished the third painting in our Color of Woman Quest, Shiloh issued an invitation:  "I would love for you to finish your painting if you haven’t, and then to clean your studio. Reset your altars. Make new room for the sprouts to come up through the ashes. You need space and time to see what’s coming up and what wants to be shared and prepared for Visionary in October."

I finished my Alchemist painting, Fire Keeper last week, & have been in a good cleaning whirl around the house, now it's time to focus on the Studio!

So I watched a few videos - Maria Munar on setting up a studio (starting from scratch!)

Ann Manat: Setting up your studio & supplies (for acrylic painting) 
Ann also has a series of videos on setting up face book pages & other helpful tips!  

And .... let's begin .... 

2 comments:

Shoshi said...

You are a very talented painter, Dia. So glad you are able to set up an art nook in your dining room! I am fortunate enough to have a whole room dedicated to my creativity and can't wait to be better enough to spend lots of real quality time in there again! Thank you for your visit to my blog and for your kind words, and I'm glad you like my colouring page. I have so many plans for other things!

Shoshi

Nadya said...

Thank you, Shoshi! I look forward to seeing more of your projects!