Friday, October 17, 2014

October Musings and another show!

October is one of my favorite months, with its Bright Blue skies much of the time (turned rainy & overcast just this last week!) I'm not as fond of the days turning shorter, but give me a cup of tea & a good book .... It's also time for the Art Harvist Studio Tour, where artists around Yamhill County open their homes & studios over two weekends. It always fascinates me to see where other artists create, & (when available) how they decorate THEIR homes!


Sekhmet - Love is our Soul Purpose

 At the beginning of the month, my friend Brooke invited me to be her featured artist for Nov & Dec at Walnut City WineWorks, where she manages the tasting room! So I visited the tasting room (& sampled some wonderful white wines!) to get a sense of what pieces to bring/ create.

The current show, watercolours, hangs in windows between the tasting & press room, with several wall spaces. I can picture Sekhmet on the wall behind the tasting bar, & Ether & Zypher in two of the windows. Visit their FB page

The windows are tall & narrow, five in one bank, a door, & two more windows. Ether is 14 x 14", Zypher 16 x 20", so I visited Merri Artist for matching canvases, & have several ideas ... time to get out the magic paintbrush!! The weekend after Thanksgiving they will host an event, so I may take my harp & play a bit, surrounded by some of my ladies!

You can visit my art adventures on my FB artist page, Nadya's Atelier 

Posting to Paint Party Friday - what's on your easel or drawing pad this week?

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work! Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Love your lady! She's beautiful.

Netty said...

Loving your beautiful lady. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Giggles said...

Stunning lady!

Hugs Giggles

denthe said...

She is beautiful .... So much light in her face ...

Bronson Hill Arts said...

All the best with the shows! Very pretty paintings.

-Barb

Beth Niquette said...

Congratulations. And what a lovely painting.

Sirkka said...

Wish you nice october and november. Your photo is very nice.

DVArtist said...

This is really beautiful! I love her hair.
Nicole/Beadwright