Thursday, July 10, 2014

Painting up a storm!

This is my 50th post!! I love this little Creation Station, & hope it inspires your own creativity ....
 
Since beginning painting again last February, when I took Elisabeth's Muse encounter workshop, I have been painting up a storm!! Fifteen finished, or nearly so!  

On Summer Solstice, after finishing the second of my Art of Allowing ladies, Sekhmet, I had a 'council' meeting with 11 of the 12 of paintings I'd done, & my "star lady" wall hanging in the background ... 
The smallest paintings were done onmatt board & on a practice canvas. With 'Green Girl' I was experimenting with sea weed for hair ....

Spirit Council
Gabriella, Mary, Daffy-Down-Dilly


Gabriella - my Muse of Creativity - I've refined her face, & added ribbons to her dress ... her hair has some interference paint 'sparkle'

Mary of Magdalla - painted with inspiration from Shiloh Sophia McCloud
 & little Daffy-Down-Dilly (March)


Dancers, Wind Horse
Then "Dancers" which I began in March, on International Women's day, & gifted to my ballet teacher Emma Seth to hang in the studio July 8th. I used Flora Aube's 'scrubby technique on the Snow Queen's hair, crown & shoulders, and interference paint on the free form dancer.

"Wind Horse" is a favorite! Began this one in March (the canvas seemed big to me!) during my first 'open studio' day, painting with my friend Elisabeth. It's another I completed during the Art of Allowing course. For the horse's features, I was inspired by my friend in the course Ree Altavilla.

"Presence" was done honoring my Mom (I blogged about her here & here) & there's a little 'blue woman' on card beside her.

Yarrow Rose, Healer
 I painted "Yarrow Rose" to grace my healing room, using Shiloh's Mary Magdalene videos for inspiration & guidance. The flowers in her mantle are all healing herbs, & gases at her signature Yarrow. I finished her at the end of June, adding the purple background & Tree of Life.
(she was in my treatment room during the 'council' meeting)

Several more have 'come through' the creative pathway since this council, I'll tell you more about them later, & about Sekhmet, my fiery Solstice lady!

Happy painting!


13 comments:

Unknown said...

What fun it has been to paint with you and get to know you in this deeply inspiring way! And what a council of wisdom and joy you have surrounding you! <3

Valerie-Jael said...

Your women are beautiful! Valerie

Faye said...

Gorgeous portraits. The red-haired wonder at the near position in the painting is my favorite. All are so beautiful.

Linda Kunsman said...

stunning portraits! I am especially drawn to the very beautiful Yarrow Rose healer. Happy PPF!

Nadya said...

Lôvélÿ to paint with you as well, Jeanette! Your netting with your wise council inspired me to do the same!

Nadya said...

Thank you, Valarie!

Nadya said...

Ahh, Sekhmet, Egyptian Neteret (GøddésS!) ...
She is powerful and a good ally! One of my friends calls her "my draw a line in the sand" diety.! She encourages us to be true to ourselves!

Nadya said...

Thank you, Linda!
Yes, I'm partial to Yarrow rose as well. She's long been an archtype.

Tammie Dickerson said...

So cool! I think Mary of Magdala is my favorite! Keep up the good work! Happy PPF!

Tracey FK said...

congratulations on making the 50th post milestone... those milestones are such fun... and you have been painting up a storm... lots of fabulous paint here...xx

Leovi said...

Fantasy art and finesse! Beautiful work!

bellefrogworks said...

Wow - you have been busy. Your paintings have a soft quality to them - I love the faces and the backgrounds.

Debbie said...

Belated PPF greetings! Your paintings look so dreamy and wonderful. Is there anything more wonderful than an artistic frenzy?