Sunday, July 20, 2014

Summer of Color - week 6

This week when I was going through some of the other Paint Party Friday posts, I noticed several referred to another blog roll: Summer of Color!

So I journied over to 'Twinkle Twinkle Like a Star,' Kristen Van Valkenburg's blog to check it out!  Denthe was one of the participants, & since this is the last week of the challenge, showed the pieces she's done each of the last three years! She chose one style for each set, which is a great idea!

Kristen writes: "We have one week left to share our color creations with one another and I for one hope that this is our busiest week yet. If you've yet to join us, make this your time. After all, I've saved one of the best palettes for last. You could even say that I found inspiration from Summer itself. . . ." 
Raspberry & Tangerine

The pallet is yummy: Raspberry, Tangerine, & a "Smudge, Splash or Pop" of Lemon!
 
The last several weeks, I've been noticing clothes that are that lovely Raspberry pink (love the colour, haven't found the 'just right' piece yet!) & browsing through my coloured pencils, though I have one marked Raspberry, it seemed to dark, so 'had to' take another trip to Merri Artist (darn!! Tee hee) to find just the right colours! 


So here's my Raspberry and Tangerine lady - hope you enjoy her!! 

Check out the Facebook page for more entries 

6 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your lady is absolutely beautiful and a wonderful way to used this week's colors. The SOC has been a great party this year and I have enjoyed your inspiration very much! HUGS!

Kristin said...

SO happy you played along! Thank you for joining in and I hope to have you back next year :) xo

Cindy McMath said...

She looks lovely! Oh darn - don't you hate shopping for supplies? :)

Anonymous said...

I love your lady and I'm glad you got to take part in the last Summer of Color Challenge.I wish I had done that this year but I'm really looking forward to the next year's challenge!:)

denthe said...

Haha! Love it that you HAD TO go shopping for the right pencil ;-) Your lady is beautiful and feisty, so glad you could participate the last week!

Thanks for participating in the blog hop!
I have written the answers to the 4 questions on my blog in this post: http://www.denthe.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/artsy-blog-hop.html

I have linked to your blog, and will link again next week when you have answered the 4 questions (you're supposed to do that on Monday, but I guess you have a bit of freedom with the day ☺)

These are the 4 questions:
1. How does my creative process work?
2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
3. What am I working on now?
4. Why do I create what I do?

Looking forward to reading your answers! ♥

GlorV1 said...

She is beautiful. Full of life. See you next year.