Friday, October 12, 2018

Collage As Oracle

Since the beginning of my Color of Woman teacher training, I've enjoyed the fun and inspiring journaling guidance from our Journaling Maven, Jena Joy! She often provides journaling prompts to help us unpack information, and discover more of "what we don't know that we know. She has a FREE offer on one of her little workshops  - register by Monday! 

This fall we embarked on a 13 moon painting process called CODEX, and began with
dedicating an Art Journal for our journey. One of the early exercises was to make a collage, then cut out sections using a round template for Oracle "coins." We interpreted the Oracle of the first com, then glued it into the journal.

I've long loved oracles, both printed cards and my own interpretations, including soul collage and story cards. And I especially love round cards ... So I had fun creating my collage, then choosing small images to cut from the pages! 

Collage spread in CODEX journal
I brought a few magazines, printed napkins, scissors and glue sticks for this week's Red Thread Circle, and we used drawing paper for the background. We used the top of a tea tin as the template, for slightly larger cards. 

I decided to glue one of the two pages I created into my #codex journal, folding in one edge, as it was a longer paper, then added more collage to the back of the folded bit. 

I may glue these cards onto watercolor
Morning reading
paper to make them a bit sturdier and give them a layer of sealer.



  • What's in your cup, how do the tea leaves read?
  • Time for an adventure, Paris, anyone? (Or a tho tho nearby art studios?)
  • Or perhaps a cozy rustic retreat, nurture the body and soul
Do you use Oracle cards? Have a favorite deck? 

Happy Paint Party Friday!


9 comments:

sirkkis said...

Wonderful college.
Happy PPF 🌺

Clare Lloyd said...

Great projects

Christine said...

Fun cards!

Beth Niquette said...

Your cards are wonderfully eclectic. What a creative artist you are!

Lily Leung said...

I haven't quite got the knack of collages yet. Getting better with practice. I don't love it myself but I love others' collages. And no, I haven't use oracle cards. I'm not familiar with them at all so can't comment.

Minette said...

I love creating collage as well! Great post and I enjoyed hearing about your process I adore oracle cards and have one deck created, another in process. I am a SoulCollage facilitator and thinks it's an incredible way to connect to our inner wisdom through collage. Glad to have found your blog today!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I can feel the enjoyment you are getting from each challenge, a fabulous collage piece.
Thank you for sharing and enjoy the journey.
Happy PPF Tracey

Nadya said...

They are fun, it's a nice way to connect to our intuition.
Oh, Minette, I'm glad you found my blog as well! I've done a bit of Soul Collage, and have posts about about some of those, early on this blog!

DVArtist said...

Really wonderful projects.