Friday, May 14, 2021

Awakening Mythic Legend

 This spring I was delighted to be asked to be the Art Doctor for their workshop by two of my Red Thread SiStars! Olivia Oso and Uma Joy are offering the first Legend class to be taught by Guild Members, and I thoroughly enjoy being part of the pilot run! 

Uma and Olivia have taught many classes together, and I appreciate theit gentle flow of instruction, journaling and painting in our virtual classroom. 

Awakening Mythic

We received symbols in several meditations, and I discovered several commonalities - a headband with the blue jewel activating her pineal gland / bui hui, stars from a beaded pouch on her headband and medicine bag, circle of ancestors ... 

I enjoy Listening for my Legendary Lady's voice and wishes, sitting back, and letting her take the lead! This is my 5th Legend,

 .... I never completed the 2nd - so part way through this journey, she began hollering for attention! 

Okay, okay!! 

Red Hat Legend - 2018

While I loved her symbols and elemental dragons the crown of her hat has felt too high for too long! My granddaughter Alyssa's dad gave her this lovely Red Hat when she was about 5, which I wore to many a tea as a Red Hat Lady! !! 

Red Hat SiStars

I began sketching the alternate shape usingNeocolor 2, and then used yellow and transparent yellow oxide over the Red ... Ahh! I love how forgiving acrylics are! 

Olivia suggested using hoops as templates for orbs and circles - and I'd just unearthed a basket of embroidery hoops! So the dragons are now in orbs (even the one by the medicine bowl) which will be highlighted with interference paint soon.

I've been modifying her expression as well, and will do more reverse stencil above the hat brim on our right - 

Bodacious Bessie

 What's on your easel this week? 

Happy Paint Party Friday

 

  

7 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely

DVArtist said...

Wow! Very nice indeed. Have a nice weekend.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lovely work. The only thing on my small easel this week was my phone for a video chat :-)

Nadya said...

Thank you!
I have a book prop that I put my tablet on!

Carol Fairbanks said...

Love the red hat! Love the creative process!

NatureFootstep said...

how beautiful. Love the first painting. The Awakening Mythic!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I am excited about your artwork, beautiful !!!!
Happy PPF, Elke