Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Vision Plan Cards

Many of us who identify as creative are challenged when it comes to the business side of things! And even zoning in on what we have to offer can be a challenge - so many ideas! So many possibilities!! 

Thoughout Color of Woman and the other Intentional Creativity® trainings, we are offered tips and tools to help fine tune our vision, and keep us on track. One of the recent offerings for both students and course graduates was Dancing Entrepreneur, which was offed as either a weekend course, or a deeper 5 week dive. 
Vision cards
I participated I the longer journey, and enjoyed the depth of offerings, calls, and focus groups that emerged. Several of our teacher Shiloh's colleagues and advisors shared insights, and it was very rich.  In addition to creating a folded Vision Plan Book, we created a deck of 16 card Dancing Entrepreneur deck, as action prompts for our next 'Dance Move.' We wrote short prompts or Dares on the back, and Shiloh suggested drawing one daily.
Vision Cards
I loved seeing the other students' work, and was especially drawn to a visual organization system Karen Dawn created, and to how she incorporated the cards. Karen has developed a visual planning wall that helps her stay organized and focused, and I'm excited to participate in her 6 week course. 

Our next assignment is to create a Vision Board for our own planning wall. I enjoyed Karen's video with tips on creating one. I've done and taught several over the years, it feels timely to do one focused on current energies! 

I'm thinking of creating some calendar pages for my wall, like I've done in journals. One of Karen's inspirations for her wall was realizing how many great ideas were tucked away in her journals, and "out of sight, out of mind!" (Does that happen to you, too?)
Calendar spread
One of the Creative Business planning projects we did in CoW was to paint our Biz-Muse - she's a whimsical muse, with a winged eye, for seeing behind the ordinary, and intentions collaged on strips of paper.
Biz-Muse
Next up - collage time!!  
I used an 11×15" sheet of watercolorpaper for the backing, and images and words from several magazines for the board. The mountains are The Three Sisters, which I grew up with in Central Oregon.

10 comments:

lissa said...

I don't know about vision plan cards but I think it's good plan things out visually and also to bring out our ideas even if they sometimes gets stuck inside journals.

I like your biz-muse - she looks determined.

Thank you for coming by my blog. Have a lovely day.

kathyinozarks said...

I found this an interesting post, sounds like you came away with several idea.
Happy Friday Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

You have some good idea there, and made some beautiful art. Have a great weekend, happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Rain said...

You do such beautiful and creative art, my favourite is the collage! Oh I'm a victim of "out of sight, out of mind"...which can also be a good thing when it comes to chocolate and chips lol! :)

Nadya said...

Lol - OOS OOM is mulch better for chips, isn't it, Rain?? But good chocolate ....
Collage is appeals fun, and I'm enjoying heart storming!
Happy weekend!

Clare Lloyd said...

Interesting idea and great art

peppylady (Dora) said...

All this sound wonder and fun. Hope once I retire I can get a little more time to create.
Coffee is on

Karen Dawn said...

Thanks for the shoutout and for reminding me about using the cards from Dancing Entrepreneur. I have so much to learn and I’m loving the community of sisters.

Nadya said...

Sipping a cuppa with thou, Dora!! (In the morning, lol!)

Yes, the cards are such a treat Karen - I haven't used them as much as I could ...
I watched your video on making the little pockets, and thought of doing some mini cards from the DE topic series!! And love the idea of stringing those into a board, using slots!! I can picture doing that with my Reiki Prayer flags!!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

That sounds like a great course! Lovely artwork, specially the cards and your Biz-Muse!

-Soma