Friday, October 18, 2019

Harvest Queen and Treesisters

Because of a scheduling *error,* I needed to choose another day for my monthly circle, and decided to offer a little "paint party with a Red Thread Twist." It was my first local class in awhile, ten gals came, and we had so much fun! More classes are in the works, and we're talking about offering little Sip and Paint parties in my friend Holli's MECA gallery.
Harvest Queen in Process
 Two gals who have painted with Shiloh in person and online came from a town about 3 hours away! For many of the others, it was their first face on canvas, and they did so well.
Harvest Queens 
I am on the online support team for the Treewoman class Australian artist Jassy Watson offered a coupe of weeks ago in Sonoma. It's been awesome to see the variety and the wonderful connections with nature women around the globe are making. We began by sketching patterns and shapes from the natural world and human made, and making marks on our canvasses. (I used a square wood panel) Scraps of collage came next, often from pour own writing.
Treewoman - marks collage and sketch
We were invited to begin noticing shapes and forms of trees in our surroundings, plus the season and colors, and even what "season" is prevalent in our lives. I like the process of inquiry and observation in our painting practice!
Tree woman in a Newberg park
Leaves are turning colors here in the Pacific NW, and the rains beginning to come, but it's alternatly sunny, October's Bright Blue Weather! Last weekend's full moon danced into Her branches.

Pearly full moon in Aries
I'm tending in the classroom over the weekend, as some near completion, and others join the journey. I'm thinking of using a tall canvas and having another go ...
Dance of the Treewomen© 2019
What's on your easel or in your journal??
Happy Paint Party Friday!

4 comments:

Rain said...

Hi Nadya :) I LOVE your Dance of the Treewomen. Your Harvest Queen is wonderful and how neat to see all of your lady friends' pieces too. I see lots in the trees when I'm in the woods. The shapes are beautiful! Nature is full of lovely art. I like the idea of a Sip and Paint party too!

Crafting Queen said...

Love the painting and the class looked like fun.

Christine said...

very creative!

Nadya said...

Thank you, yes, the class really was fun, everyone enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to teaching Soulscape/Treewoman in the future. Marie is a wonderful inspiration!