Friday, April 19, 2019

Emerging with Wonder

It is such magic to paint with friends halfway across the globe - I'm so enjoying our Wonder Woman journey with Dr Jessica Enovald-Duncan, who lives in Karlskrona, Sweden. Dr Jess and her husband own and run the Gefion Guest house. I *met* Jessica (online)'during her Color of Woman training in 2016, when she was one of the students under my wing, as their *Reader,* and I enjoy watching her blossom! 

Inktense journal process
In our Wonder Woman journey, we are identifying our Super Powers, how we access them, and also some of our weaknesses, so we can fly higher.
Some of the inquiries:

  • what needs to change?
  • What are some of my superpowers, magical tools and qualities?
  • How will I develop and access them?

Emerging in the early 1940s, Wonder Woman was a new role model for girls and women, at a time these roles and opportunities were rapidly changing. She was brave, with both strength and beauty, a natural leader, who redefined everyday qualities. The child of an Amazon and a demi-God, Wonder Woman still inspires and invites us to tap our own superpowers and our humanity.
  • She has a lasso of truth
  • Speaks all languages (how do we communicate/receive information?)
  • Magic bracelets to defend herself (how do we do this, with least harm to others?)
  • Liberation - approach each mission unencumbered by past experiences - but with the wisdom gleaned from them.
  • Theme Song to engage power
  • What to Wear Dare - what reminds me my own superpowers? 
We've been exploring our symbols of power, our allies and mission, good and "bad" angels/behaviours we want to explore, and ones which no longer serve. 

We began with string (red thread) dipped in paint, and putting nadis/ lay lines on our canvas (I love round canvases, and chose to use one for my WW.) I had my students begin this way in our Gaia class, a wonderful way to connect with the energy! 


Wonder Woman Altar in my supply wardrobe (repurposed entertainment console!)


After several under layers of paint, she begins to emerge!


Color blocking


Sketched some symbols in my journal
I love this process, and Inktense pencils are so vibrant when activated with water

Harp - theme song and healing tool
Crystalline - Stellar connection
Winged heart of compassion
Chalice of renewal
Phoenix of transformation
Winged eye of inner vision


Wonder Woman in process, with symbols
Happy Paint Party Friday & Ultimate Blog Challenge!




6 comments:

Christine said...

Nice work!

Lady In Read said...

this is so beautiful! love those colors and she is a wonder woman indeed, emerging out of that sea of colors

Beth Niquette said...

I especially loved that first drawing sketch. Elegant simplicity and flowing movement are there...fills my eyes, it does.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Sure is powerful picture, nice job.
Coffee is on

Jeanine Byers said...

Amazing!!! Absolutely amazing and beautiful! I love your process. And the idea of Wonder Woman as a theme, and a way to connect to string inner parts of ourselves. Love her! -Jeanine

Jeanine Byers
http://www.meetjeanine.me

DVArtist said...

This is just beautiful.