Friday, September 15, 2017

Sunshine Award

The Sunshine Award is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers. It is awarded to writers who are creative, inspiring and bring joy (sunshine!) Into the world! Dia's Creation Station was nominated by Wendy Fairy Art; thank you, Wendy! 

Once nominated, the blogger is requested to wrote a post which includes: thanking the person who nominated them with a link back to their blog, answer the 11 questions, nominate and notify 11 other bloggers who inspire and bring joy and Sunshine, write 11 new questions for them to answer, ...

Let's begin

How frequently do you lifeplan, and what does this look like for you?
Goodness, I don't know that I do! Well, more in little ways than BIG, ...I did a lovely vision planbook for color of Woman a couple of years ago, and am making another one soon. I make lists and plot out monthly overviews at times.... at others, fly by the seat of my pants! 
Vision plan book

How do you keep yourself on track and accountable when you need to?
Lists and those monthly goal pages... (I don't always stay on track, and tire of adulting!)

Where and when do you do most of your writing?
I've kept a journal since I was a pre-teen, and usually have a blank book around for that. I love composition books, and have several themed Smashbook and at journals going, ... I write about creativity and take voluminous notes in those. I write my blog posts on a kindle, and love to "swipe" rather than type! (Though auto correct has its way with my words!) I write anytime, journal most mornings, blog, often in the evening.

What or who truly inspires you the most? 
I'm inspired by Maestra Shiloh Sophia, she has truly influenced thousand of women within our Art community and beyond, and done much to bring Back our awareness of the divine feminine. Ram Dass is a wonderful spiritual way shower, and great man not overly impressed with himself! 
I love reading, all sorts of fantasy and fiction, especially with strong female characters, books on feng shui, my We'Moon calendar, channeled and other inspirational books. I'm entranced by Stars, rivers, mountains, the ocean and the natural beauty of our blue green planet. 

What advice would you give now to your fifteen year old self?
Don't take life too seriously, and don't sweat the small stuff! Heritage Is Important, and Indian sand painting and basket weaving are beautiful intentional practices! (Not a "waste of time" to study!) Keep creating, and keep smiling!

Where in the world feels like home to you?
Oregon, the Pacific Northwest, the mountains/Breitenbush Hot Springs. I'm playing for the forests of the West, in this season of fires, and especially my beloved Breitenbush. May the rains come soon! 

Where would you like to live, no limits? (not necessarily the above)
A cozy house on a lake with lots of Windows and boho style and a serene studio with great light for painting.... a houseboat! A tiny house, caravan, or mountain chalet, an octagon house (I loved in one for a year at Breitenbush) or wooden yurt.

What are your most important personal belongings and why? 
Good Medicine
Mmm, some precious books and journals, my harps, (3) and music, my paintings and art supplies, red Thread, my electronics (kindle), crystals, handthrown pottery cups and bowls, wooden spoons, Oracle decks. Essential oils, flower essences. I like pretty things, most essential are my "Tools" for balance and harmony. 

Do you think your physical "stuff" can hold you back?  - Why (or why not)?
Ah, living in this western society, I have way bunches of "more stuff" than I need, and there's a certain "weight" to knowing that! I'm better at weeding stuff out than actually getting it out, lol! And being a "boomer" a bunch of that is paper, other is inherited.... Like many, I am working on pruning, and I love the concepts of feng shui. But I'm a creative, and love having lots of supplies! 

Name one thing that if you did, would change your life for the better: 
Being More organized with my paper flow and those responsibilities, sigh. This is a subset of a lean toward procrastination in general.

Which of these was the hardest question to answer and why?
#2 ... what's "on track?"

Coming soon...
Part 2 - my nominees and the 11 questions ...

Ooo, and I want to invite YOU to the Nurturing Soul Spa my friend Heidi Sequoia Moondancer is offering! 

It's a FREE online event, from Sept 18-30, so sign up now! I'm one of two dozen guest teachers from around the globe, offering sessions in movement, breath, visualization, and other exercises to spark your creativity and recharge your spirit! 
We'll begin with a Red Thread Circle for quantum connection, led by Maestra Shiloh Sophia. My offering is Qigong and Qi Massage! I'd love you to join us! 

And thanks again for the Sunshine Award nomination, Wendy


3 comments:

BrownPaperBunny said...

That's such a lovely idea!

Gillena Cox said...

Nice idea. Have creative weekend

Much 😍 love

DVArtist said...

Ohhh this is truly wonderful.